10 stories of people having supernatural experiences after dying and then coming back to life.
Mexico, Theosophy in
The first circles of theosophical students in Mexico came out of the spiritualistic groups that flourished throughout the capital Mexico City towards the end of 19th century and the beginning of the 20th century. In 1906, the first Mexican lodge named “Aura” was founded as part of the Cuban Section of the Theosophical Society (TS).
Between 1900 and 1920 the following lodges were founded: “Mayab” (1908) and “Zammá” (1909) in Mérida, Yucatán; “Apolonio de Tyana” (1915) in Veracruz; “Mercury” (1917), “Teocitlali” (1917) and “Sirius” (1918) in Mexico City. Together with the Mother Lodge “Aura,” these formed the Mexican Section of the Theosophical Society.
The pioneers of the theosophical movement in Mexico were, among others, the following members: José Romano Garro, Roberto R. Rivera, Daniel Eguiarte, Joaquín Valadez Zamudio, Adolfo de la Pe‰a Gil, José Romano Muñoz, Consuelo R. de Aldag, Agustín Servín de la Mora, Enrique Guzmán, Guillermo Werner, Josefa Díaz de Obeso, the sisters Luz and Esperanza Balmaceda, Soledad Rivera, Guadalupe G. de Josef and the sisters Sara, Elena and Nohemí Salinas.
The Mexican Section obtained recognition from the International Theosophical Society on the 12th of November 1919, having its headquarters at 28 Calle Iturbide — in the heart of the historical center of Mexico City — for almost 50 years and moved to its present premises at Ignacio Mariscal 126 in the 70s, very close to this historic quarter.
Since its foundation, the Mexican Section has experienced changes as some lodges failed and other arose to take their place.
The Mexican Section is currently formed by the following seventeen lodges: Alpha, Harmony, Atma-Vidya, Aura, Veracruz City, Evolution, Fraternity and Perseverance, HPB, White Lotus, Light of the West, Morya, Glorious Presence, Quetzalcoatl, Solomon, Siryo, Sun and Unity; with three study centers “Isis Urania,” “Puchkara” and “Annie Besant.” Total membership: 263 active members from all around the country: Baja California, Coahuila, Jalisco, Morelos, Puebla, Tamaulipas, Veracruz and the Federal District.
Since its foundation, the Mexican Section has witnessed a healthy renewal of its team of directors. After Agustín Garza Galindo, first General Secretary, the following members respectively succeeded in the office: José Romano Muñoz, Agustín Servín de la Mora, David Cervera, Adolfo de la Peña Gil, Arturo Vado López, Rosa Olmedo, Luis Medina Barrera. In more recent years this office was held by Alfonso Morales, Isaac Jauli, Carlos López, Lissette Arroyo, and Dr. Hugo Gerardo Figueroa Salinas Mosqueda who is currently (2006) in office.