Skip to main content

         * Index                            * Biographies          * Theosophical

         * Glossary of Terms      * Religion                    Organisations                                     

                                                  * Philosophy            * Contributors

Theosophical Encyclopedia

Theosophical University Press, The

In 1889, under the direction of William Quan JUDGE, the Theosophical Society (TS) in New York bought a printing press for the production of the various publications issued at that time. Shortly before he died in March 1896 he named the venture the Theosophical Publishing Company. In 1900 the then head of the Theosophical Society (Point Loma), Katherine Tingley transferred all the society’s operations to Point Loma, California, and new equipment was bought.

In 1919 Tingley founded the Theosophical University and ten years later the printing operation was renamed Theosophical University Press. The TUP is currently located at the headquarters of the Theosophical Society, Pasadena, in California.

© Copyright by the Theosophical Publishing House, Manila

Tag Cloud

Occult (21)
Pilgram (2)
Poems (4)